02 April, 2011

Spring cleaning

This weekend is our full out spring cleaning weekend.  Top to bottom, the house is getting a good scrubbing.  Day one is nearly complete, and I have to admit, we all participated, and we all had a good time.

With a clean and (fairly) orderly upstairs, somehow the planets are aligned and all is right.  This is borderline exciting!  Really!  I am excited to have done this, to look at my bedroom and not see inches of dust, mounds of clutter, and an unmade bed.

The kids' rooms actually have floor space.  Who knew?

The bathroom is shiny once again.  

All the floors are vacuumed and cleaned, surfaces are all dusted, we can see out the windows again.  It's almost a thrill.

With some furniture moved in each of the kids' rooms, the kids are excited, too!

Honestly, this is one of the things I look forward to after the first of the year.  The day we turn the house upside down, find tiny Legos and spider rings behind book cases and long lost dolls under beds, wipe the grime of winter off the walls and mirrors and floors, and basque in the illusion of order that is the result of one day spent cleaning the house.

Life is just so exciting in our house.  How sad is it that cleaning is something that brings us a thrill?  Who cares, I'll take it!!

1 comment:

  1. It's great you all pulled together and cleaned everything up! I normally don't plan to clean, it just happens if I get carried away...or guests are coming over, lol! I love a clean house though! Hope yours stays cleaner than mine usually does!

    ReplyDelete