14 March, 2010

Before and after

It's been a while since I've had a hair cut.  Last night's salon/spa night was really fun.  I wish my camera were working because I'd have taken pics of the huge spread of food and drink we had, and the smiles on all the ladies' faces.  I walked in thinking I'd just get a hair cut, the mini-mani, and the facial.  That would set me back about $40, plus tips and that would suit me fine.  I had thought I would embrace the salt and pepper look.  I thought I was strong.  I thought I'd decided.  Nope.

As I checked in, the girl behind the counter told me that even though colour and highlights weren't on the upgrade list, we could still get one of those upgrades.  Hm, nope, I'm fine.  Of course, the fact that I stood there with two colors in my hair (last color job was seriously growing out) didn't make me a convincing subject for sticking with what I had.  Long story short, I caved.  After choosing some really outrageous colours (think Lady Gaga), and then coming back to reality, I chose a color that met me half way between the brassy, light old color at the ends, and the dark (salted) natural colour at the top of my head.  I don't recall the colour name, but I do remember Kelly saying something about mixing, a 6 and a 7, it was all over my head.  I told her to just do her magic, I wasn't going to come after her tomorrow unless it did turn out like the Lada Gaga colours I was eyeing earlier.

I showed you the before yesterday, but here it is again:





Now, here is the after:



What do you think?  I know, it's hard to judge just from these pics, but she cut quite a bit off and thinned it out.  I am really happy with it.  My head is lighter, and I will certainly use less shampoo.  It's a great feeling!  Now, don't hate me because I take such "great" pictures, OK?

The night was a big success for both the salon and our group of ladies.  We all had a great time.  I didn't get home until after 11PM, which isn't the smartest thing to do when you're going to be stirred to life before the birds, but it was worth it for a nice night out.

3 comments:

  1. I love the haircut!!! I can't imagine having your hair thinned out! My poor hair has been falling out and thinning on it's own for so long, I'd kill for thick hair again! You're very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys! I do have a lot of hair, Robin. I can totally feel the difference. I blow dried it this morning for the first time in a very long time, and it took barely 15 minutes! I have to learn how to style it properly, but, I am loving the new cut.

    ReplyDelete