13 March, 2010

Ladies night

So tonight some girlfriends and I are having an evening at the spa.  No, we're not going to wrap ourselves in seaweed and drink ice water in the steam room.  A local salon and spa has given my girlfriend a special evening at their salon, and we will all get a select few services for super cheap.  I'm talking $10 for a blow dry and style, mini-mani, and a facial of some sort (she "won" this evening, it's not a package on their menu of services, but how cool!!).  We all got the opportunity to upgrade to different services, and I am going to spring for a hair cut.  Yes, I desperately need one (although my husband would disagree).

To make the evening more festive, we're each chipping in some food and drink for us all to enjoy during our salon time.  I offered to bring the wine.  Yes, I'm the wino of the group, and gladly offered this beverage.  So I headed to my local Binny's, looking for a just right selection.  I'm always drawn to clearance bins and aisles, but not usually at a liquor store.  I mean, I'm all about a low-cost beverage, but when it's in the clearance bin, there's usually a reason.  Oh, this time I found just the right wine for our ladies night!!!!

Mad Housewife!  Hilarious!  How could I resist bringing such a label to an evening with girlfriends?!!  Now this was worth the trip to the clearance bin, and it was only $4.99.

So, I should probably provide some before and after on the hair.





There you have it.  I'm going to bring it up above the shoulders and see what else the stylist thinks I should do.  I'll try to post an after shot tomorrow.  :)   I've also decided to go "salt and pepper".  It's easier than picking a color from the book at the salon, or from the boxes at Walgreen's, and it's much cheaper.  Funny how Mother Nature offers up the cheapest hair colors, isn't it?  OK, not funny like 'ha ha', but, worth a little chuckle.

I'm looking forward to a fun evening with some friends, what I hope is a good wine, and a fresh look for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment