24 February, 2010

All aboard!

I wanted to toot my own horn for a minute.  I'm so proud of how these invitations turned out!  I never imagined they would be this cute!

Some girlfriends and I get together periodically and scrapbook together.  This past Saturday we had an all day crop and it was tons of fun.  We all pitch in and give each other tips, feedback, and share supplies.  Saturday, my friend, Christine, brought her Cricut.  Her what? you ask.  Let me tell you, this thing is the bomb!

The Cricut is a personal electronic paper cutting machine.  It has brought all kinds of paper crafting to a whole new level, allowing users to add dimension to their crafts like never before.  If you're not a crafter or scrapbooker, I won't bore you with details, but if you are, I tell you that you have to check this thing out.  Seriously.  The variety of fonts, images, and shapes that you can cut is amazing.  All I can say is that you must check it out.

So Saturday I'd planned to create some invitations for Fred's upcoming birthday.  I knew we were going to invite a few of his friends to join us at a local model train show, and figured I'd use some colored card stock to cut into shapes and make some train images for the invites.  I wasn't exactly sure how I'd do it, but then Patty mentioned that she'd brought a bunch of Cricut cartridges with different stuff on them.  Then one of the girls found just what I was looking for, trains and train tracks!


Long story short, the invites are the result of a bunch of Cricut cutting and some creative use of colored paper from a cheap pack I'd picked up at a craft store ages ago.  I'm so tickled that they turned out as well as they did, and am very proud of them!!

2 comments: