11 January, 2011

Kindergarten Chronicles, 6 January

Next topic: Scouting.

I was a Brownie, then a Girl Scout, as a kid. I still have my little box that I made to hold some of my things, including my dues bracelet. A small brown, leather thing I kept my quarters in, or whatever the change was that I needed. I have some pins, etc, and my handbook. Anyway, I asked if we had a troop at our school, and was given the name of the gal at the school who was coordinating getting a troop coming this spring. Wrote her on the 8th of December, no reply. I resent the mail the other day and got a reply. Here's what she said:
"I have not heard from the Girl Scouts representatives and am not sure what programs they would be bringing to {the school} this year. In the past, the Girl Scouts have joined us in the spring and headed on a couple different after school programs and activities for our girls. Last year they did the same and tried to organize a troop, but I believe it was difficult to get volunteers.

I know Girl Scouts and our students that participate in the Girl Scouts programs and activities appreciate any time or resources you are able to provide. Therefore, I will be providing your name to our Girl Scouts representative so that you are added to the list once we have more information about meetings, programs, and/or registration. In addition, I will make you aware of what Girl Scouts shares with me once we've communicated more clearly on the plans for this spring.

Thank you so much for your time, interest, and patience."

So, I may be joining the ranks of Girl Scout troop leader, or some sort of active member of a troop at our school. If they come. I'm continually amazed at how little participation there is at the school.

School board meeting is this coming Monday at 7PM. PTO meeting the next night at 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment