07 January, 2011

Becoming a runner, race #3

So, today was my third 5K of the season. I got my period last night, and had four kids and my husband with me (sitting for my girlfriend's 9 and 6). I hoped to break my 30 minutes, but thought perhaps I might miss the mark with my period on board. In the end, I timed in at about 29 minutes and change. I don't know exactly, but am hoping for the race times to post online soon since I didn't stick around to see them if they were posted at the race. Either way, I told myself that I wanted to break 30 minutes, then I'd work toward a 10K. We'll see how that goes!!

Race times posted, and I DID break 30 minutes!

Official time of 29:24


I got to the race and had an optical migraine. First one I've had in quite a long time. This one was c-shaped, in my right eye, open to the left side (so, a backward 'c'). I was worried when I got there that this might be a problem, but, by the time the race went off, the aura was gone from my field of vision entirely. It took about 15-20 minutes, but it did go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment