11 January, 2011

Kindergarten Chronicles, 8 December

OK, so last Friday we got a note home in E's folder saying that she was sent home w/an extra library book b/c she would be taking a test Monday (the 6th) for accelerated reading (AR)! WOO HOOO!

She was to read this book and become comfortable with reading it and understanding it, and the test would be Monday. While she still denies taking the test (I think it was structured more in a "let's sit and read this book, E" kind of way), she did take it yesterday (the 7th).

She got 100%!!!! Her teacher said the did "AWESOME" and that she was very confident. I believe this means that she'll get harder books to take home, but I don't know what more the AR will entail, so I'll have to ask the teacher when I see her tomorrow.

Ethel has been doing great at school still, aside from the reading. She loves it, she loves going, and she loves her friends there. I think she's really thriving.

We're going to stock up on books at the library this weekend to take on our trip to my mom's. I can't wait for her to read to my mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment